• Lavanya Ananth represents the graceful picturesque Vazhuvoor style of Bharathanatyam. Initiated into the art at the tender age of four, she has had the advantage of learning under doyens like Gurus Sri S.K.Rajarathnam Pillai, Smt K.J.Sarasa and Padmabushan Smt Kalanidhi Narayanan.
• She started her performing career at the age of six by donning the role of little Ganesha and thereafter performed in several dance productions choreographed by her Guru Sri S.K.Rajarathnam Pillai and also performed with her elder sister Shobana Chandrasekhar during her dance recitals.
• Lavanya Ananth had her arangetram when she was 10 years old at the Rani Seethai Hall at Chennai and was blessed by leading artists like the Dhananjayans, Smt Chitra Vishveshvaran and Smt Lakshmi Vishwanathan.
• Lavanya Ananth moved to Guru Kalaimamani Smt K.J.Sarasa at the age of 16 and underwent training at an advanced level for more than a decade with her.
• She learns the nuances of abhinaya from Padmabushan Smt Kalanidhi Narayanan and Smt Bragha Bessel.
• Lavanya Ananth takes the guidance of Smt Nandini Ramani,an exponent of the Balasaraswathi style of Bharathanatyam.
• Lavanya Ananth has trained under Sri Ramamurthi Rao for Carnatic vocal, Sri Mayavaram Somu for techniques in rythm and Sri J.Suryanarayana murthi for nattuvangam.
• Lavanya Ananth has also learnt Kuchupidi briefly under Sri Vempatti Chinna Sathyam as a child.
• Over years of performing with a sense of commitment and sincerity , Lavanya Ananth has emerged as a vibrant performing artiste and has carved a niche for herself in this field of art with her soulful subtle abhinaya and neat impressive nritta.
• A critically acclaimed artiste of merit, she has enthralled audiences with her aesthetic and creative performances in India and abroad.
• A creative choreographer , her dance reflects her rich experience of working with her Gurus, mentors and dancers from other styles without diluting her own, resulting in a happy blend of dance.
• She is a busy performing artiste and also runs an academy of Indian classical dance "Natya Sameekshana" which focusses on training selected students from India and abroad in the performing art of Bharathanatyam.
27-Sept Pilani School (Morning)
27-Sept Pilani BITS (Evening)
Thanks and Regards
Ankita Sharma Alok Khandelwal
Coordinator State Coordinator
SPIC MACAY SPIC MACAY
Resource Center Rajasthan Rajasthan