Gurbani Gaayak Prof. Alankar Singh
Besides being an expert in Notation, Music Composer and Music Arranger, Alankar Singh is an approved artist of All India Radio and Doordarshan for Classical Music, Shabad Gayan, Bhajan, Geet and Ghazal singing.Alankar Singh has given more than 300 public performances of Gurmat Sangeet and Classical Music. He has the privilege of performing at four Takhats of Khalisa Panth.
U.K. based Channel Punjab did video recording of 13 Shabads in prescribed Ragas in 2006 & 2007 and has been regularly telecasting these since then in Europe. He says about himself
I am a Hindustani Classical Vocalist & my forte is Khayal. I also specialise in singing Gurbani in the prescribed Ragas. I am interested in good music of all genres.
Area of Specialisation : Hindustani Classical (Vocal) Music & Gurmat Sangeet.
Teaching Experience : Have taught Post Graduate & Honours classes as Lecturer in Music (Vocal) at Hans Raj Mahila Maha Vidyalaya, Jalandhar for more than eleven years.
Present Job : Asst. Prof. of Music (Vocal), Dept. of Music,
Punjabi University, Patiala-147002 ( PUNJAB).
Practical Training in Music :
Received training in Classical (Vocal) Music and Gurmat Sangeet under Guru Shishya Parampara continuously for about twelve years from Gurmat Sangeet Acharya Late Professor Tara Singh Ji, a renowned musicologist and composer, who belonged to
tradition of Khyal Gayaki. Have been learning from Pt. Ganesh Prasad Ji Sharma of Ambala Cant. (disciple of Pt. Bhola Nath ji Bhatt of Allahabad and Ustad Wajid Hussain Khan Saheb of Rampur-Sahaswan Gharana), a well known Guru of classical music, for the last eighteen years. Gwalior
Public Performances of Classical Music :
• At Kalibari Hall, Shimla (H.P.) on 16/12/1999 under the auspices of Sangeet Sankalp.
• At Yadvindra Public School,
Patialaon 19/10/2000 in honour of foreign delegates from . England
• At Hemant Utsav organised by Shri Baba Harivallabh Sangeet Mahasabha, Jalandhar on 26/10/02.
• At auditorium of
Govt. Art Museum, organised by Indian National Theatre on 26/7/03. Chandigarh
• At Viram : the Gurukul, the
at Dehradoon (Uttrakhand) on 28/10/04. academy of Pt. Rajan-Sajan Mishra
• At the annual music conference of Sangeetalok, Ambala Cant. (Haryana) on 6/11/04.
• At auditorium of DAV Institute of Engineering and Technology organised by Sangeet Kala Manch, Jalandhar on 19/3/06.
• At auditorium of Poorva Sanskritik Kendra,
on 24/8/06. Delhi
• At Bikaner (Rajasthan) on 7/10/06 under the auspices of Sangeet Sankalp.
• Two prestigious performances at Harivallabh Sangeet Sammelan, Jalandhar in 1994 & 2006.
• At Sangeet Pratibha, a festival of young musicians organised jointly by Sangeet Natak Akademi, New Delhi and North Zone Cultural Centre, Patiala at Patiala on 28-31 December, 2006.
• At inauguration of Nadaswaram Foundation,
(Gujrat), an NGO to promote Indian Classical Music on 31/8/08. Rajkot
• At Rababi Bhai Mardana Shastri Sangeet Sammelan organised by Department of Gurmat Sangeet, Punjabi Univ., Patiala on 18/9/08.
• At Sangeet Sankalp Saptah organised at Saptak School of Music, Ahmedabad (Gujrat) on 11/10/08.
• At a workshop jointly with Padmshri Ustad Mehmood Dhoulpuri, the renowned harmonium player, organised by SPIC MACAY at Virsa Vihar, Jalandhar on 13/2/09.
• At Shri Durgiana Mandir,
on 23/2/09. Amritsar
• At Shri Laxmi Narayan Raga Sabha,
on 11/3/09. Amritsar
• At a programme organised by Rotary Club of Delhi (District 3010) at Ashoka Hotel,
on 19/6/09. New Delhi
• At Shri Ganesh Utsav-2009 organised at
Reliance Township, (Gujrat) on 23/8/09. Jamnagar
• At monthly baithak of Shadaj,
on 12/12/10. New Delhi
• At Virsa Vihar,
in 21st Shastriya Sangeet Sammelan of Swar Sangam on 12/2/11. Amritsar
• At Chamunda Devi
(H.P.) on 10/4/11. Temple
Performances of Raga based Gurmat Sangeet :
• At Basant Darbar organised at Takhat Sri Kesgarh Sahib, Anandpur Sahib on 19/3/2000.
• At Gurduara Ber Sahib, Sultanpur Lodhi on 30/8/04.
• At Gurbani Gaveh Bhai, a programme organised jointly by
Punjabi Academyand Seher at Talkatora Garden, on 24/4/05. Delhi
• At Guru Nanak Bhawan,
during a seminar on Guru Arjan Dev ji organised by S.G.P.C. on 10/6/06. Amritsar
• At Takhat Sri Damdama Sahib, Talwandi Sabo on 6/8/06.
• At Manji Sahib Diwan Hall, Sri Harmandir Sahib Complex,
on 2/12/06. Amritsar
• At Ambri Sangeet Di Sham, a programme organised at Punjabi Bhawan,
by Sahit Akademi on 23/8/08. Ludhiana
• At 31-Day Gurmat Sangeet Samagam organised by Bibi Jagir Kaur Ji at Begowal on 22/9/08.
• At Gurduara Moti Bagh Sahib,
on 28/9/08. New Delhi
• At a special function to celebrate 300th Year Guruta Gaddi Diwas organised by Bhasha Vibhag, Punjab at Jabalpur (Madhya Pradesh) on 30/9/08.
• At Sri Hazoor Sahib, Nanded (Maharashtra) in Kirtan Darbar organised by Jawaddi Taksal,
on 25/10/08. Ludhiana
• At inauguration of Punjabi Saptah-2008 of Bhasha Vibhag,
Punjab at Sultanpur Lodhi on 12/11/08.
• At a special programme of Gurbani & Sufi Gayan at Mohali during Punjabi Saptah of Bhasha Vibhag,
• At a variety programme organised by Bhasha Vibhag,
Punjab at Race Course Ground, Dehradoon (Uttrakhand) on 11/1/09.
• At Raag Darbar organised by Chief Khalsa Diwan,
on 18/4/09. Amritsar
• At Gurduara Nanak Piau Sahib,
on 25/7/09. Delhi
• At Gurduara Godri Sahib, Faridkot on 6/8/09.
• At Singh Sabha Gurduara Sahib,
(Gujrat) on 23/8/09. Jamnagar
• At North Zone Convention of SPIC MACAY in IIT, Roorkee (Uttrakhand) on 17/9/10.
• At Raag Ratan Keertan Darbar in 31 Raags organised by Bhai Gurmeet Singh Shant in Jalandhar on 13/3/11.
• Have been performing regularly at Adutti Gurmat Sangeet Sammelan and workshops organised by Jawaddi Taksal,
since 2001. Ludhiana
Besides this, I have given more than 250 public performances of Classical and Gurmat Sangeet at Nabha, Phagwara, Bathinda, Kotkapura, Hoshiarpur, Faridkot, Mohali, Ferozpur, Moga, Phillaur, Ropar (Punjab); Ambala, Yamunagar, Pipli, Panipat, Rohtak (Haryana); Jaipur, Kota, Shri Ganganagar, Bikaner (Rajasthan); Allahabad, Banaras, Bareli, Noida (U.P.); Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Porbandar (Gujrat); Mumbai, Nanded (Maharashtra); Bhopal (M.P.); Jabalpur (Chhatisgarh); Ranchi, Jamshedpur (Jharkhand); Kottayam, Tiruvanantpuram, Kanyakumari (Kerala) etc.
An Expert in Notation, Music Composer and Music Arranger
Graded Artist of All
Radio for Indian Classical Music since February, 2000 and for Shabad, Bhajan and Geet since August, 1999. India
Interviews were broadcast/telecast by A.I.R. and Doordarshan for my contribution to Gurmat Sangeet and Classical Music.
Audio CDs, Audio Cassettes and Background Music :
a) A set of six Audio CDs titled Gurbani Da Partal Gayan in prescribed Ragas of Sri Guru Granth Sahib. Have provided voice as well as music for the same.
b) An Audio Cassette of Shabads in prescribed Ragas titled Saran Tumari Aayeo.
c) Two Shabads of Guru Gobind Singh Ji in Audio CD titled So Kahiat Hai Soora.
d) Three Partals in a set of seven Audio CDs titled Partal Shabad Gayaki released jointly by Fine Touch,
Amritsar & Punjabi Univ., in Sep., 2008. Patiala
e) Have sung in a documentary on Harivallabh Sangeet Sammelan.
f) Provided music in three Audio Cassettes of Shabads : (i) Ram Simar (ii) Khalsa Mero Roop Hai Khas (iii) Kahe Man Tu Dolta.
g) Composed and directed music for an Audio CD of bhajans : Karuna Gunjan.
h) Composed as well as performed (sung) background music for 5 stage plays.
Video Recordings :
U.K.based Channel Punjab did video recording of 13 Shabads in prescribed Ragas in 2006 & 2007 and has been regularly telecasting these since then in Europe.
b) Video recording of Partals in prescribed Ragas by
Punjabi University, on 29/10/06. Patiala
c) Video recordings of my shabads & bhajans have been telecast by Jalandhar Doordarshan.
Published Works :
a) One book on Indian Classical Music titled Hindustani Sangeet: Vibhin Paripekh in Punjabi.
b) Four research papers in Samajak Vigyan Pattar of
Punjabi University, . Patiala
नमस्कार,अगर इस जीवन परिचय में आपको कोई कमी या कोइ नई बात जोड़नी/घटानी हो तो अछुती इस पेज का लिंक विषय लिखते हुए हमें इस पते पर ई-मेल करिएगा.ताकी हम इसे अपडेट कर सकें-सम्पादक