Pandit Prateek Chaudhuri
Pandit Prateek Chaudhuri, a brilliant performer, is acclaimed as one of the most outstanding Sitar players of the country today amongst the present generation. His Sitar sparkles with the rare combination of virtuosity with
technical finesse and a deep sense of aesthetics. His music also reflects the eternal essence of Sitar. He has for his father, the World Renowned Sitar Maestro, Pandit Debu Chaudhuri,Padmabhushan Awardee. He also had the great fortune to learn from his Dadaguru (father’s guru), Ustad Mushtaq Ali Khan Sahab, the great legend of the “Senia” tradition, which has been named after “Mian Tansen” , the doyen of Indian Classical Music. Tansen is often called the father of Indian Classical Music and those who belong to his family and follow his tradition are called “ Senia ”. Prateek ji is the automatic successor to this rare “Senia” tradition of the great Indian Classical Music, having a unique tradition of playing the Sitar not only with the traditional and rare 17 frets ( instead of 19,20 or 21 frets, found at present), but also having a unique string arrangement of it’s own.
Prateek ji, today, strides the musical panthenon like a young handsome Colossus. Hisgraceful style and intricate technique echo the great masters of the past. From his nimble fingers resonate, the rich tones and melodious phrases, which are characteristics of his style. His skillful fingers handle rapidly moving passages with ease, while maintainingintegrity and beaut
y of every note, the mark of a true virtuoso. With each performance, he evokes masterful handling of his instrument emitting grace, fluidity and dexterity with each note.
His charming stage presence and charisma only serve to enhance the overall grandness of the performance. That being so, it must be mentioned that simplicity and clarity are the hallmark of his style. Amongst his numerous achievements, Prateek ji has been ranked as an “A Class” Artist by the National Television and Radio of the Govt. of India. Hismastery over the Sitar and "Laya" (rhythm) has been acclaimed and praised by the leading musicians of the country and he has also been accompanied by almost all the leading Tabla maestros, in his recitals in India and Abroad.
Special Awards & Recognitions :
Prateek ji has been awarded the reputed “Kala Ratna Award” from the Swami Haridas Sangeet Samaroha Samiti in Vrindavan, the “Savitri Samman Award”, from Delhi, “Sangeet Ratna Award”, from Delhi “Jadubhatta Award ” from Kolkata “Pandit Nikhil Bannerjee Award” from Lucknow, “The Best Instrumentalist Award” from Delhi and the “Surmani Award” from Mumbai, amongst many other Awards and recognitions. His name has also been listed amongst the prominent personalities of the World in American Biographies Intl. and Asia’s Who’s Who.
Special Concerts :
· Prateek ji was invited to perform a very Special and Prestigious Concert celebrating the60 years of the Indian Parliament in the Central Hall of the Parliament of India in the year 2012 , which was attended by the President of India, Prime Minister of India, theVice President, Speaker of the Lok Sabha and the whole of the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha members of the Indian Parliament.
- Prateek ji received the rare distinction and honour to give a Special Concert for the President of United States of America, Mr. Bill Clinton during his first visit to India
- He also had the honour to perform for the President of India, Dr. Abdul Kalam and Shri R. Venkataraman in Rashtrapati Bhawan,New Delhi.
- He has also performed for the Prime Minister of Norway during his trip to India in 2005.
- Prateek ji has performed at Major Venues across the world including the prestigious Carnegie Hall and Kennedy Centre, in USA and thefamous Queen Elizabeth Hall in London. He also has to his credit many successful concerts in Major Music Festivals in India and Abroad.
- He is the only Indian musician to have performed with the Renowned “Swarovsky Music Wattens” Orchestra, consisting of 80 musicians, from Austria in a Special Concert held in Jaipur, India in the year 2005, which was highly appreciated and profusely praisedby the audience. The Concert was also graced by Smt. Pratibha Patil, the Governer of Rajastan and now the President of India.
- Prateek ji has also been the featured artist in almost all the Major Festivals of the country including the famous and prestigious Mus
ic Festivals like the Jaipur International Heritage Festival in Jaipur, UNESCO Music Festival on Intl. Day for Tolerance in Delhi, ITC Music Festival in Kolkata, Delhi and Hyderabad, Tansen Music Festival in Gwalior and Delhi, Maihar Festival of Music inMaihar, Sawai Gandharva Music Festival in Poona, Saptak Festival in Ahmedabad, Sankat Mochan Festival in Varanasi, Baba Harballabh Festival in Jalandhar, Pandit Vishnu Digambar Jayanti in Delhi, UMAK Music Festival in Delhi, Kolkata and Jalandhar just to name a few, amongst many others..
- Prateek ji was invited to give a Special Live Concert for BBC 3 Radio in London.
- He has been featured in the prestigious National Programme of Music in All India Radio May’2000 and the National Television of India ( Doordarshan ) in 2003.
- Prateek ji has also been featured in the prestigious AIR Sangeet Sammelan (Radio Music Festival) of the Govt. of India, held in Shimla in2004 andMumbai 2010
Unparalled Unique Creations
- SITAR ECSTASY : The Creator and Leader of “ SITAR ECSTASY ” the “ sought after ” Sitar Fusion Group with a Beautiful , Pulsating, Rocking and a Heady Mix of a variety of Indian and Western Musical Forms including Indian Classical, Western Classical, Light Music, Arabic, World Music, Rock, Musical & Rhythmic Dialogues all performed in a unique and in a creative manner appealing to all age groups.
- SITARS OF INDIA: The Creator and Leader
of “ SITARS OF INDIA” the Unparalled , Rare and Exciting Sitar Ensemble with a Difference , encompassing and showcasing a beautiful synthesis and amalgamation of theimmense variety of Musical forms found in India at present in such a Uniqueand Exciting manner, which has not been attempted anywhere all over the World.
- SOUL OF INDIA -The Grand Orchestra : Prateek ji is the Creator and the Main Leader of “ SOUL OF INDIA -The Grand Orchestra ” the “rare”, “unique”, and sought after Grand Musical Orchestral Ensemble of the country India , which has got musical elements of great variety including Indian Classical, Western Classical. Rockmusic, Jazz music, Sufi music, Music from Rajasthan, P
op music, a Grand Rhythmic ensemble known as ‘Taal Vadya Kacheri’ and also other elements of World Music presented in a Grand scale with vocals and instruments
Unique Performances :
Fusion, Cross over Music, World Music and Jugalbandi (Duet) Concerts
With his innovative ideas, also being a composer, Prateek ji received rave reviews after he explored and experimented successfully with Fusion Concerts, World and Crossover Music, Carnatic Music and Jugalbandi ( Duet) Concerts in India and Abroad. He has given highly successful concerts with many reputed artists , forms of music and combinations with artists from various parts of the world, which include :
· Immensely popular Concerts : with Louis Banks,the Renowned Jazz Keyboard player and Sivamani, the famou
s Drummer and Percussionist from India. The name of the above group is “Rhythm Asia” which is very much sought after.
· Sitar with Japanese Drum players : Prateek ji performed a scintillating concert with Ryohhei and Kohei
of the famous AUN group fromJapan
· Sitar with Saxophone : He has also performed with Dave Pietro, the famous Saxophone player from New York, USA
· He has also experimented successfully with Carnatic musicians in India which also show his imagination in another dimension in his musical career. Another unique and rare concert performed by him was that Prateek ji, on the Solo Sitar was accompanied by both Tabla andMridangam, a highly successful and rare combination.
· Prateek ji has also recently given extremely successful and sought after Jugalbandi (Duet) Concerts with his father, Pandit Debu Chaudhuri, i.e. Duet Sitar Concerts and with many reputed artists of the country playing the unique instruments like the Shehnai, Sarangi , Harmon
ium and also theSarod. These concerts also had an overwhelming response and won the hearts of the audience.
Countries performed all over the world :
He has toured extensively throughout the world with his father as well as a solo artiste. These include countries like United States of America, Canada, England, New Zealand, France, Greece, Germany, Holland, Austria, Belgium, Japan, China, Italy, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Mexico, Morocco, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Yugoslavia (before partition), , Indonesia, Venezuela , Turkey, Syria, just to name a few. Prateek ji is also the first Sitarist to visit and perform in countries like Bosnia (after partition of Yugoslavia) and even in Latin American countries like Columbia, Guatemala and P
Academic excellence :
Prateek ji has also excelled in each stage of his education. He is the recipient of the Gold Medal for his M.A. (Music), while he has also secured the first position in M.Phil (Music) examinations and is Ph.D (Music) i.e a Doctrate from the University of Delhi. At present, he not only performs all over the world, but also teaches as an Associate Professor at the Faculty of Music of the University of Delhi, India, thus being aunique and rare combination of an eminent performer and teacher togethe
r in one , which is very hard to find.
Besides his innumerous performances all over the world, Prateek ji has also conducted several Workshops an
d also given several Lecture-Demonstrations in India and Abroad for stude nts and musicians in many countries.
Special Mention :
- He has recorded for many labels including India Archives in New York, USA and also with SaReGaMa, India.
- Recipient of National Scholarship for Music awarded by the Govt. of India
- Awarded the Delhi State Scholarship
for Music by the Govt. of the State of Delhi.
- Recipient of the Junior Research Fellowship and Senior Research Fellowship awarded by the University Grants Commission, Govt. of India for Research in Music.
- Represented India in the Six Nation Music Festival in Greece.
Address : J-1852 Chittaranjan Park, New Delhi-110019,INDIA
Mob : 09810022228, Tel / Fax : 91-11-2627-1060
Website : www.prateekchaudhuri.com
नमस्कार,अगर इस जीवन परिचय में आपको कोई कमी या कोइ नई बात जोड़नी/घटानी हो तो अछुती इस पेज का लिंक विषय लिखते हुए हमें इस पते पर ई-मेल करिएगा.ताकी हम इसे अपडेट कर सकें-सम्पादक