Shree Salil Bhatt Creator of Satvik Veena
Creator of the Satvik Veena and heir to a 500-year musical legacy, Salil Bhatt represents the dynamic face of the new age, Indian musician. Being hailed as the 'Global Indian Musician', Salil has done it all. From Solo Concerts and International Collaboration to Exotic Jugalbandis and Global Fusions, Salil has not only managed to marvel audiences in India, bit also has a big fan base in Canada, Germany, Australia, America, Taiwan, England, Switzerland, Iceland, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait, Singapore, Spain, Austria, and Italy. That too, in just a span of his trailblazing 25-year career!
Having received a Pre-Grammy Award nomination which speaks volumns of his highly successful international collaborations, Salil is the harbinger of rare honors for India as he is the first ever musician to perform inside the Parliament of Germany. He is also the first ever Indian musician to perform in Iceland and the first Indian musician to be invited by the Taiwanese Government for artist residency.
Salil V. Bhatt represents the tenth generation of the famous Bhatt lineage, where music has been flowing for more than five hundered years. Salil is the son of the legendary slide player and India's GRAMMY AWARD winner Padmashree Pt. Vishwa Mohan Bhatt.Pt. Bhatt is the creator of the Mohan Veena, a revolutionary instrument which has been hailed as a discovery in the Indian classical music scenario.
Salil reflects the dynamic style of rendering the classical nuances on the Satvik Veena in his concerts. His style incorporates the authentic and systematic exposition of Classical Indian Ragas and the embellishments of the World Music as well.Salil's baaz [style] assimilates the 'gayaki' [vocal] and 'tantrakari' [instrumental] representations which makes his playing complete with innumerable variations. Salil specializes in playing high-speed taans demostrating his great skill on the Satvik Veena. Trained by his mentor Pt. Vishwa Mohan Bhatt, Salil follows the Classical Indian Raga authenticity to its strictest norms and creates the purest picture of every Raga he plays.
exponent Salil Bhatt has been conferred the prestigious Maharana Mewar Foundation Award for his outstanding achievements and his meritorious services rendered in the field of Indian classical music. Salil Bhatt is the illustrous son of Grammy Award Winner Pt. Vishwa Mohan Bhatt. Salil Bhatt has created a new version of the traditional veena named as the 'Satvik Veena' for which he is receiving innumerable accolades and rave reviews all over the world.
List of major awards, honours and titles of Salil Bhatt:
1- Maharana Mewar Foundation Award
2- Abhinav Kala Samman
3- Mahakal Sangeet Ratan
4- International Achievers Awards
5- Title of "Global Indian"
6- Title of "Prince of Raga"
7- Rag Bhavishya Samman
8- Grass Roots Grammy Nomination
9- Juno Award Nomination
10- Pre Grammy Award Nomination List of Major recording releases of Salil Bhatt:
2- Swar Shikhar
4- Slide to Freedom (Part I & II)
5- Out of the Shadows
6- Mumbai to Munich
7- Revival of Gavati
9- Karnatikas veena jugal bandi
10- Mohan's veena
Salil is the son of Grammy award-winner, Pt. Vishwa Mohan Bhatt, the Iconic Indian classical musician.
Major International Achievements
1. First Indian musician to perform in the German Bavarian parliament in Munich in 2005 celebrating 500 years of Indo-German cultural relations.
2. First Indian musician to perform in Iceland for the Prime Minister of Iceland and the entire Icelandic Parliament along with the President of India Dr. Abdul Kalam in 2005.
3. Did artist residency in Taipei for one month, imparting music to the Taiwanese students and also collaborating with Aboriginal singer of Taiwan in 2006.
4. Performed for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation CBC RADIO in remote city of Whitehorse in Canada in 2008.
5. Performed for the Folkways live, in Edmonton Canada and recorded for the world's most famous Smithsonian museum.
6. Performed for the Queen Elizabeth in New Delhi during her historic visit to India in 1997.
7. Performed for the historic Indo-Pak summit in Agra in July 2001, the most important event in Asia at that time for Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpaee and the entire Indian Parliament members along with the President of Pakistan.
8. Performed the world famous Epcor Centre in Calgary, Canada in 2008 with musicians from Canada, Iceland, England.
9. Performed extensively in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales for Asian Music Circuit tours in 1995 and 2005.
10. Performed in Australia's biggest International Guitar Festival in Adelaide in 2007.
11. Performed in Chicago World Music Festival in U.S.A in 2007.
12. Performed in All the International fold festivals of Canada including Vancouver Folk Fest, Vancouver Island musicfest, Calgary Folk Fest, Edmonton folk fest, Winnipeg folk fest, Guelph music fest, Canmore folk fest, South Country fair, Ottawa Folk fest, Toronto music fest, Stan Rogers Folk fest in Canso [nova scotia, Canada].